Friday, August 22, 2014

The Flavors of Summer from the Garden!

Chicken Salad in Avocado
A White Pizza
Lunch Today!
The tomatoes are coming in like crazy.  Not quite like in the early days when I canned them into tomato sauce.  Unfortunately I can't eat sauce any more in great quantities.  So we just have to find ways to eat them every day and almost every meal.  I had an English muffin this morning with some peanut butter and a Zebra tomato which is green if you don't know.  It is one of my favorite tomatoes.  The top photo is from a lunch a few weeks ago where I made chicken salad with a bit of mayo and herbs and a bit of mixed veggies thrown and placed in a half of an avocado.  

The middle photo is dinner one night several days ago.  Since I can't have tomato or pizza sauce because of my GERD and The Herbal Husband doesn't like red sauce, we do a white pizza.  Lots of toppings, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, ham, cheese on a Boboli crust.  You get the idea.

The bottom photo is our lunch today.  We had a big salad with avocado and feta cheese, croutons and lots of different herbs and fresh tomatoes!  Hope you are enjoying the flavors of summer before it is gone!

The ickies and stickies are still with us.  Hope you are having a great day!  Talk to you later. 

7 comments:

Little Messy Missy said...

That zebra tomato sounds fabulous. Is it a heirloom or hybrid? Maybe we could swap some seeds? I have some beautiful little heirloom tiny pear tomatoes that are delicious.
xoxoxoxoxo

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I'm not sure that I have any of those left. It is an heirloom, but we have had problems with blight because of all of the rain we have had. Baker Creek Heirloom sells seeds, Missy if that helps you. xoxoxoxo

Carla said...

YUM!!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Carla! xo

Anonymous said...

Lots of yummy things to eat. Tomatoes are on of my favorite things from the garden. : )

PeggyR said...

Sounds wonderful!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Tomatoes are favorite too, Susanne! I just can't eat as many as I used to!

I love eating in the summer with all of the fresh produce, Peggy. It is really delicious!

Thanks ladies for stopping by! xo