Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017, An Almost Herbal Year in Review!

January--A Cold and Snowy Selfie!
February--Sun and Snow!
March--A Symposium with the Western Reserve Unit of The Herb Society of America!
April--The Peppermint Scented Geranium Blooming in the Garage!
May--The Apricot-Pink Digitalis!
June--The Apothecary's Rose
July--Must be Time for Bee Balm!
August--Finally Got The Prairie Garden Finished!
September--The Herb Garden at the Geffrye, London, England!
October--Pineapple Sage in Full Bloom!
November--Spearmint Survives it All Until Snow Comes!
December--Brings Joys of Cuban Oregano Blooming!
There are always surprises in the herb garden and as I look back over the year 2017, it was better than I thought it was!  I think I am having more and more senior moments, herbally speaking!  I need to grow more herbs!  I didn't seem to want to post too much, but what I did post represented the herb garden at its maximum.   I have some major trouble spots to deal with in my herb garden in 2018.  Not sure whether they will be addressed or ignored.  Sometimes in this household, we just choose to look past the bad to the good.

I did not do one post celebrating the 2017 Herb of the Year!  I still have the same pile of magazines sitting by my chair to read.  Maybe in 2018?  You remember what it was don't you?  Cilantro/Coriander, one of The Herbal Husband's favorites.  Oh, yes, we have hops to explore in 2018 as well!  I am sure that hops will be interesting besides for making beer.  Please dear herb gods, come up with an interesting use for hops other than beer!

OK well I keep saying this, but I thought I would be finished blogging, but The Herbal Husband says to carry on every once in a while.  He wants you to see our trip in August and I still have to finish my May 2016 trip for you.  Soo we will carry on for now.  My stitching is bringing me great joy and I had lots of finished projects for me, 27 in all!  Still frigid here in the 'Burgh!  Stay warm!  Happy New Year!  I will see you in 2018!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The year in review--what a post. I look forward to turning the calendar page. It will be a clean slate, a new beginning. I can't wait! My wish for you and the Herbal Husband is that 2018 will be filled with all you wish it to be. Happy New Year!
Bev

Carol said...

Love looking back at your year of blogging. I'll definitely miss you if you stop but there is still Facebook. Even I don't blog as often as I used to or even want too. Some days it's a struggle to put two words together much less spell them right and have them make sense :)

Faith said...

I always think of you when I purchase the Lemon Verbena Plant. I look forward to returning here and reading and learning about herbs. I hope that sometime you will stop in from time to time.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Faith. My lemon verbena was like a topiary when I made three recipes of jelly. We have been so soggy this season, but the lemon verbena has survived. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season! With lemon verbena joy, Nancy