Friday, January 4, 2019

Stepping Away, Herbally Speaking!


I never thought this would happen. I thought I would be blogging forever. First and foremost I want to give my thanks and love to the amazing Herbal Husband. He instead of building a tennis court at our house almost 30 years ago, got me into gardening.  And by the way, he reminded me today that I was into needlework before the herb bug struck!  He has always been the hands on gardener. I just followed along, read a lot and became a master gardener. As the years have gone by, the herb garden has gotten further away from how I envisioned it. I seemed to be traveling when it needed me most and then there was the rain this year when it wasn't needed. What chaos it created! Additionally as we are getting older, we need to find a new direction in our gardening lives. It is time for that new direction. 

I started this journey in 2008 as an online garden journal. I had been inspired by Rosemary's Sampler written by Nancy Reppert of Sweet RemembrancesTearoom and Susanna Reppert-Brill of The Rosemary House.  Thank you ladies for helping me bring Lemon Verbena Lady to life. I loved sharing my love of herbs and my garden with all of you. 

I still love herbs but they have taken a back seat to my needlework at the moment. I want to thank each and every one of you that have come through this blog asking an herbal question or leaving me an herbal comment. I hope that my joy for herbs will continue to inspire. It has been a blessing for me to be a part of your lives. l will be leaving my blog here as an herbal resource for you.

With lemon verbena joy, 

Nancy, Lemon Verbena Lady

15 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my gosh, dear Nancy, I thought of you two today, wondering what you are up to and here is your post and your announcement that you are 'stepping away' from blogging. :-( I am sorry to see you go.

I pray that you and your dear Herbal Husband have a wonderful 2019 and that your life will be a wonderful adventure.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thank you dear FL. We pray that you have a wonderful 2019 as well. Will keep in touch. xx

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Cindy in FW said

Dear Nancy, thank you for keeping me sane through all of my life's changes these years. We have never met but I treasure our time we have spent on the internet. (I erased this comment by mistake!)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

So Cindy in FW, We follow each other everywhere online and maybe one day our paths will cross! I appreciate all of your encouragement over the years. It has definitely been a two way street. Always just a click away. xo

Carol Samsel said...

Dear Nancy..... I just had a feeling this coming 🤔 I'll miss your garden post and all of your herbal insights. My life has become richer by knowing you.
I look forward to seeingmore of your beautiful needlework on FB 💞
Carol

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Dear Carol,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support over the years! I look forward to keeping in touch with you on FB! Hope your parents are going in the right direction with their health especially your dad! Sending positive energy! 💞

Anonymous said...

Times are changing, our lives change, and we must change as well. It's called 'progress'! I am glad you are well and keeping busy and happy with what you do. Thank you for all you have done for me (us), I have enjoyed your posts herbally, and especially your travels. You take wonderful pictures! I continue to visit your blog frequently as I consider it a part of my herbal library! Thank you for leaving the blog up! Happy Everything to you and HH !!

Bev in NH

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks dear Bev! So glad for your support over the last few years. Am always around for your questions. xo

Anonymous said...

My dear Nancy, I want you to how much your herbal blog has enriched my life. You've been always encouraging, always upbeat, always looking towards the Herbal path. Thank you.
This won't be goodbye. I know we'll be chatting on fb
Have a blessed journey ahead!
My love to you and Jose.
Elizabeth Bergstrom
Speak the Language of Flowers

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Dear Elizabeth, I was so lucky to collaborate with you and call you an herbal friend. I know we will keep in touch. Hope you have a very healthy 2019! Love you, Nancy and Jose

Marcy said...

So sorry I did not see this sooner, but I wish you much joy and luck in your future fun. Your thoughtful wisdom has always been a place I like to turn to in my herby world. Like you I love lemon verbena and I also do needle point! Nice to know there will be time to get back to it, once the gardening slows down!
Marcy Lautanen-Raleigh
Backyard Patch Herbs

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks dear Marcy! I appreciate your kind words! xo

Jess Fisher said...

Hello not sure if you still ready these comments! I just wanted to say Hello & Thank you! I found your website while looking for jelly recipes . I wanted to share that I LOVE your pineapple sage jelly recipe! I used lemon juice for mine and it is delicious. I used this recipe as sort of a starting point for a variety of other herbal jellies and they’ve all been a hit with my family and friends. I’ve enjoyed reading through your posts and adding tools to my tool box from your wealth of knowledge! Thank you for the time you’ve spent blogging! Well wishes l!

Jess

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hello Jess,

Thank you for your kind words Jess. I am making pineapple sage jelly this week. One of my favorites. Glad you found my recipes. Hope you have a great holiday season. With lemon verbena joy, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Appreciating the persistence you put into your website and detailed
information you present. It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that
isn't the same outdated rehashed material. Excellent read!
I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.