- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennial Herbs
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Shakespearean Garden Designs and Selected Additional Information!
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
More Snow and Tomato Sauce!
1/2 bushel tomatoes (16 quarts) 1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups vegetable oil 1 cup brown sugar
3 large onions, finely chopped 1/2 cup salt
2 garlic cloves, split 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 sweet green peppers, diced 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
4 hot peppers (optional) 1 tablespoon basil
6 cans (12 oz. each) tomato paste 1 tablespoon oregano
Cook tomatoes. Remove skins and seeds. (A quick method is to use blender and make juice.) Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 4 hours; stirring so sauce doesn't stick to pan and burn. Seal in sterilized jars or store in freezer. Yields 10 quarts.
I just made a half recipe today so I will get about 8 quarts or so. It seems my sauce doesn't cook down a whole lot! I haven't had to buy Ragu or other kinds of sauces for years. Hope you enjoy it. Got to run! Got to can my sauce! Talk to you later.