Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Always Glad to See These in the Garden! My Submission ID Was Correct!!

The roses across the way from this rugosa are just full of aphids.  Aphids are a favorite food of the lady beetle.  I think I'm finally getting the hang of my camera.  This little cutie was on the rugosa rose the other day.  I think it's probably a multicolored Asian lady beetle.  I need to submit the photo to the Lost Ladybug Project.  You can submit photos as well.  They are always happy to find new types and where you found them.  Just wanted you to know that I got my ID correct!  Here is a link to my submission.  The photo on the left isn't as good as the recent one, but it is of a native ladybug.  So I guess that's even better!  It is sort of cool in the garden.  We probably got over a half of an inch of rain.  The rain gauge hasn't gone outside so how can I really gauge how much rain has fallen?  Oh well, eventually we will get it outside and then the measuring will begin.  Hope you are having a great day or evening wherever you may be.  Talk to you later.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Here in Wisconsin what we call the Asian beetle was originally introduced to control aphids. They got out of hand unfortunately & became more of a problem then a solution. Wondering if your lafybug is the same or yet another species? Living in the country our area was
particularly hard hit & one lady I know who owns a farm said her ceilings were literally covered in the bugs. They emit an acrid order when squashed - yuck & stain everything orange. Hoping your visitor is much nicer!!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

The majority of ours are outside, TO! I'll let you know. I submitted it to the Lost Ladybug Project and they will get back to me with an answer. Thanks for stopping by as always. xxoo Nancy