Sunday, May 13, 2012

Some 'Wine and Roses' for Mom's Day!

Weigela 'Wine and Roses'
Peony 'Tom Eckhardt'
and maybe a peony too!  This weigela is called 'Wine and Roses' so I thought it was appropriate for all of you moms out there celebrating today.  You had better be off your feet and one of your beloved family is taking care of you all day!  You all deserve it!

The peony was a freebie at a conference I attended a few years back.  Freebies are always a good thing.  Its name is 'Tom Eckhardt'.  One of the Klehm family was speaking at the conference.  You can find lovely peonies at Klehm's Song Sparrow Perennial Farm just not this one.   You can't visit Klehm's so I won't mention where they are located!  It is mail order only!  As you can see they have fabulous plants and from what I remember they have a wonderful catalog.

It is trying very hard to rain on Mom's Day.  I got my walk in without too many raindrops.  So hope you are having a great day wherever you may be.  Take time to pamper yourself even if it isn't Mom's Day where you may be.  Talk to you later.

3 comments:

*Ulrike* said...

I love peonies! That is one I don't have, and what a neat name for it. We have had pouring down rain today which is great for the gardens although no grilling out today. My daughter and her hubby will be by for supper so that will be a nice mother's day for me. Hope you have a good one!
Take Care,
Ulrike

Carol said...

Beautiful flowers!!! We don't have rain here today but the humidity is up and rain is in the forecast for tonight. Received calls from the kids and went to a bunch of local garden centers today. That's always my traditional MD event.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hope you had a wonderful dinner with your family, Ulrike!

Thanks Carol. Always good to go to those garden centers!

Hope you Mother's Day was special, ladies. Thanks for stopping by!