Tuesday, October 4, 2016

One Last Gasp of Summer, Herbally Speaking!

Can't stay away for too long!  Had too much going on not to talk about it, herbally speaking!  Had an herbal brain freeze over what jellies to make this year.  So I pulled out one of my many herbal cookbooks and came up with ideas.  This is the last gasp for the cinnamon basil.  So one more time to make cinnamon basil jelly this year.  And BTW the photo in the recipe for scented basil jelly is mine.  Just tooting my herbal horn!  Will make this short and will clean up the size of photos at a later date.  Not every day blogging just when I think you will benefit from a post.  Lots of rain in a short amount of time!  We are going to have some sun this week.  Hope you are having a great day wherever you are!  Talk to you later!
Cinnamon Basil on the Chopping Block!

7 comments:

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Nice to get another post! I didn't know you could make basil jelly! Sounds interesting! Nancy

Carol said...

Not much left but the herbs in my garden right now. I was looking at the lemon balm yesterday wondering if I had the energy to do anything with it and maybe jelly is the answer. I'm free tomorrow so we'll see if that happens but then maybe the Tulsi Basil would make a better tasting one....hummmmm...

Rosemary said...

So glad to finally have cooler weather... but sad knowing that the gardens will soon be done and the herbal harvest no longer bountiful. Happiness is knowing that the cycle continues!

Summer said...

Like the idea of basil jelly! Love that cute chopping block ♥

me said...

I've just read a post of yours from 2009 about making pineapple sage jelly. I'm looking forward to making it today. In your article you mention that p.s. doesn't dry well. I've seen one post elsewhere talking about freezing it in cubes. Is that a method you would recommend?

Beth said...

I love the idea of making Basil jelly wow!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hi everyone, thanks for your comments! Yes, basil jelly is one of my favorites to make and is very easy if you enjoy making jelly! Me, pineapple sage leaves just don't dry well and I have not been successful in freezing them. I use them fresh only.