Sunday, April 2, 2017

A Prairie Garden Finished Almost!

After 25 Years Done, Almost!
Well, we are still up and down weather wise here in the 'Burgh!  Yesterday we had to bring the corduroys and heavy coats out again to go out to dinner.  Yikes!  Today is a better day, but of course I am here typing on the computer.

Just wanted to show you that the stitching is done.  Now I have to find someone to finish the project.  I was hoping just to fringe the edge, but the material after being in my stash box for so long is quietly coming apart.  So I need someone with a big sewing machine to finish it.  Put a backing on it so that I can use it as a coverlet for our bed. It is after all 62" x 48"!  I have someone in mind and will let you know the outcome in future days.  She has projects ahead of mine.  Good things come to those who wait!

And oh by the way, it is APRIL already!  As I say, the weather has been up and down and soon we will get on the right track.  Hope you are having a great day wherever you may be.  I will talk to you later.  

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

It must feel wonderful to have this coverlet stitching done. When it is finished by your friend, it will look just lovely on your bed.

Congrats to you for finishing the needlework!

Hope you get some warmer weather soon.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Rosemary said...

Your coverlet is so gorgeous - the muted colors are beautiful. You must feel a great sense of accomplishment to have completed this.