- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennial Herbs
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Shakespearean Garden Designs and Selected Additional Information!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Still Harvesting Figs!
Unlike the figs at Rosemary House, ours are in pots and have come in for the season, but we are still harvesting brown figs. The herbal husband nipped a cutting from Dumbarton Oaks in Georgetown many years ago! My face is red right now! The fig we have in the ground has never given fruit because we do not bury it as you have to do in this part of the country. We tried to cover it and bury it with leaves, etc. It did not work. If you have never had a fresh fig, you haven't lived. I really didn't think I liked them, but the herbal husband has a hard time getting them for himself! Don't think of Fig Newtons. Fresh figs are 1000 times better!