Monday, February 4, 2013

Milk or Not?

You wouldn't necessarily think that this tea would need some milk, but it is chai.  Chai traditionally has milk as an enhancer to the mix.  I remember I had my first cup of chai at the movies made by an Indian lady who owned the theater.  I loved it and looked forward to going to the movies in the winter months so we could have chai.  This is the package of Rosemary's Chai from The Rosemary House.  I was hooked on chai from Fortnum and Mason in England.  However, Rosemary's Chai gives Fortnum and Mason's version a run for their money!  I realized that you can't order Rosemary's Chai from the website so called them at (717) 697-5111 to place an order.  I know they do their mail order packages on Wednesdays.  So you will be just in time with your order!  If you are lucky enough to be in the Harrisburg area, The Rosemary House is opened Tuesday through Friday 10 AM to 6 PM and Saturday 10 AM to 4 PM.  They are closed Sunday and Monday.

I also have purchased a chai mix from The Spice Shop in England and I must admit that I haven't made it yet.  It is just the spices that are added to milk and then added to tea.  A bit more complex, but I'll make a cup and share it with you later in the month.
Masala chai from Hindi means mixed spice tea.  It is also very popular in southeast Asia.  I have also gotten hooked on the chai tea latte at Panera Bread.  Can't have that too much.  Here is an article from Mother Earth Living called Make Chai:  3 Recipes.  Have always wanted to make my own.  Now is the time.  I do have milk with stronger tea blends, even sometimes English Breakfast.  So tell me milk or no milk?  Hope you are having a great day.  Cold and snowy still.  It's February!  Talk to you later. 

7 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I couldn't find Rosemary's Chai mix on the website. Is it something you have to go there and buy?

I've had chai before and liked it.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Bernideen said...

This looks like wonderful tea! I'm sure it smells wonderful too!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Oops, sorry FL! Call them at (717) 697-5111 and order it. I know you will like it!

It is very good, Bernideen.

Thanks for stopping by ladies! xxoo LVL

PeggyR said...

I've never tried milk in my tea and I'm part English!

Faith said...

I like the aroma of the chai tea, I havn't made it for a while, maybe today I'll make a cuppa. I think milk would be good with it, I don't think I've tried it that way, although there are times when I like milk in my tea with a wee bit a sweetning, and sometimes none at all..It's a moody thing...next time I'll try it with milk.

Carla said...

Trader Joe's sells a Salted Caramel Chai Tea that is wonderful! If you have a store near you, look for it. I like half and half in mine. Thanks for the links and phone number to the other teas, I will have to give them a try.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Ooh, you might like it Peggy. I think it depends on the tea you are drinking. Sometimes I have it with Lipton's just to make it feel more special!

Hi Faith. I usually have nothing extra in my tea. So milk or cream is sometimes a big difference.

OMG, Carla. We do have a Trader Joe's near us. I will have to try that. Sounds very good.

Thanks ladies for stopping by and enjoy your cuppa! xxoo LVL