Monday, February 11, 2013

A Bit of Windy Potpourri from the 'Burgh!

The Herbal Husband's Pre-Valentine Gift-Vanilla Waffles!

Daffodils Trying to Make an Appearance!

Ever Faithful Chives Are Up Through the Leaves!

The Trough and Rosemary Are Out for an Airing!
We have a mixed bag of items today.  Just thought you would like a pre-Valentine gift I gave The Herbal Husband on Sunday.  I made him his favorite waffles with vanilla.  Just add one tablespoon of vanilla to your favorite waffle batter unless it already has it included.  He loves them and the recipe makes extras for the rest of the week.  Sooo I may get off easy on Valentine's Day!

We got off easy storm wise.  We had very little accumulation of snow and it is already gone.  We are in the high 50's at the moment and sunny as you can see in my photos.  We will be back to reality tomorrow with appropriate temperatures in the 30's.  Nice to see the daffodils make an appearance and the ever faithful chives have popped up.  Some of the plants were out briefly, but have gone into the garage until the laundry is done.  The wind has been very gusty.

Hope you are having a wonderful day.  I had green tea in my morning tea mug today.  This afternoon I'm having elderflower.  I'll discuss green tea and elderflower in my next post.  Talk to you later.

8 comments:

PeggyR said...

Glad you didn't get hit by the storm. It missed us, but we are very windy today and tomorrow.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your vanilla waffles look so sweet. I love the heart shapes.

Nice to see your herbs enjoying the sun. Glad you had a nice day with warmer temps.

Have a lovely Valentine's day,

FlowerLady

Pat said...

Amazing - thoroughly expected to see photos of herb garden adrift in a heavy snow cover! 50's ? Wow enjoy that warmth and sunshine.

Love your "Keep calm" card!!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Glad it missed you as well Peggy. We are blowing away today and tomorrow! Getting colder. Stay warm. xxoo

Thanks FL. The Herbal Husband's favorite breakfast food. Yes, the herbs were enjoying a break from snow, but it comes back mid-week. Thinking of you this valentine's day! xxoo

Yes, TO, we managed to dodge the snow. I like my calm card as well. xxoo

Thanks ladies for stopping by.

Unknown said...

Love the waffles! I'll have to try adding some vanilla next time I make some. :)

Unknown said...

Love the waffles! I'll have to try adding vanilla next time I make them, sounds yummy. :)

Comfrey Cottages said...

We are enjoying less wind today. It poured buckets of rain this weekend! xxx

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hope you enjoy them Charlotte.

We are less windy as well, Leslie, but no snow or rain! Glad for that.

Thanks both of you for stopping by. xo LVL