Monday, December 16, 2013

Remembrances of My Childhood and Cinnamon Sugar Recipe!

I grew up eating oatmeal before school on a cold winter day.  We are still in fall here in the 'Burgh, but you wouldn't know it.  I remember having cinnamon sugar on my toast as a treat.  So I thought why not use a bit of cinnamon sugar on my oatmeal.  I found a recipe from About.com for cinnamon sugar.  I also found a bit of information on cinnamon itself from Penzeys which is where I get most of my spices including cinnamon.  I found a page on the health benefits of cinnamon at WebMD.  As with any information online, please consult with your physician if you plan to add cinnamon to your diet.

Hope you are having a great day wherever you may be.  If you would like to enter to win the gift basket, you need to do it now.  The Herbal Husband will be picking a name tomorrow at 10 AM!  Talk to you then!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on buttered toast. That was a favorite growing up.

Barbara said...

Also love to add a few chopped dried apricots to the pot at the last minute!

Carol said...

Oatmeal was my favorite breakfast growing up :) With lots of butter and sugar. Cinnamon toast was right up there too and I do put cinnamon on my oatmeal now...and in my hot chocolate... sometimes my coffee and my hot teas... Can you tell I'm having a love affair with cinnamon these days ♥