Wednesday, November 26, 2014

My Favorite Herbal Recipes for Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving Dinner from Last Year!
Somehow we have gotten to the holidays already!  Is it me or has 2014 just flown by?  Of course, tomorrow is the big day, Thanksgiving and you probably have your menu already set, but if you haven't, here are some links to guest posts I have done for Mother Earth Living magazine in past years.

The first post talks about two of my favorite herbs for Thanksgiving, lovage and sage with recipes for Cream of Carrot and Lovage Soup and Feta-Sage Cornbread.  The second guest post is an herbal twist on cranberry sauce that my mother made at Thanksgiving called Herbed Cranberry Orange Relish.  Finally, one of my favorite ways to have leftovers is with a recipe that my mother made with turkey leftovers, Turkey Tettrazzini.

Hope you have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.  As you can see from my banner photo, we have a dusting of snow here in the 'Burgh!  Busy in the herbal workshop and I'll post other those adventures soon!  Talk to you later.

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

My herbal recipe for Thanksgiving is that I take sage leaves and pats of butter and put them under the skin of breasts and legs of the turkey. :-) I am looking forward to doing that later today.

May you and your dear HH have a wonderful Thanksgiving and lovely holidays dear LVL.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Sounds delish, FL! Hope you have a great day! Thanks for all of your support! Love from LVL and The Herbal Husband xoxoxo