Tuesday, December 15, 2015

My 2015 England Adventure in Cambridge and A Special Afternoon Tea at Harriet's Cafe Tearooms!

King's Parade and King's College
Another Part of King's College
King's College Chapel
Thursday Market in Cambridge!
They Even Have Fabric and Notions for Sale!
Tea Time At Harriets
The Special Afternoon Tea Tray!
Ham, Cucumber and Salmon Sandwiches
Two Scones, Raisin and Plain!
Got to Pick My Desserts, Lemon Tart, Strawberry Tart and Lime Cheesecake!
It Was By Far My Favorite Afternoon Tea!

Really it has been many years since I have been to Cambridge and I am sorry I don't go every year that I have been to England!  Well now I know and one of my new favorite places for afternoon tea is Harriets.  Part of Cambridge in the midst of the University is pedestrian walks and Harriets Cafe Tearooms is on Green Street.  I sat in the window enjoying my new favorite tea, Darjeeling and special afternoon tea tray.  Special because you get to pick the three desserts on your tray!  Delightful!  As you can plainly see, I demolished everything!  There was not a crumb left!  The couple behind me had started at another Harriets location for brunch which they said was excellent and ended in the Cambridge location for cake and tea!  Now that's loyalty!

Well, we have finally come back to reality and the temperatures are much more in the late fall/early winter category.  We spent the afternoon in Harmony and I will share our adventure in tomorrow's post.  Anyone getting bored yet?  Powering through the last 16 days of the year!  Wow!  Talk to you tomorrow!












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOT bored! I am in awe of the architecture of buildings, and am drooling over the pictures of tea trays! What a happy trip this must have been for you! Thanks for sharing!
Bev

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Glad you aren't bored, Bev! I am going to do a couple local posts and then it will be more travels to England and more savory stuff next! xo