I know I haven't updated that project from last year. I'll get to it eventually! I promise! It's on my list. This is a very cute project and hopefully, you have some teasels in a field near you. Here is a bear in pieces.
This photo is kind of dark, but hopefully you get the idea.
Teasel Teddy Bear
Here is the material list:
6 teasels: 3" long for body; 1-1/2" long for head; 1-1/2" long for arms; 2" long for legs; 2 tiny teasels (or briers) for ears; 3 peppercorns for eyes and nose, ribbon, wire for hanging and dried material for bouquet and glue gun. You will need protective gloves! These things hurt!
1. Lightly trim off top spikes of all teasels except ears. Cut off all stems of teasels. Blunt end of teasel body in seat of bear.
2. Trim 1" indentation on side of each leg and arm teasel at blunt end to fit to appropriately trimmed 1" indentation on body.
3. Glue on legs and arms and hold to set glue. Trim indentation on head for neck and ears. Glue head to body, ears to head. Add the eyes and the nose.
4. After dried, loop wire around head and body and make loop to hang on tree.
5. Make bow and glue to front of bear and make a bouquet of dried flowers or a bowl from an acorn top and dried flowers and glue to arm or arms of bear.
Hope you have some extra time to make one of these charming characters!