- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennials
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Links to Timber Press Book Reviews
- Info About My Handout for The Zen of Making Herbal Jelly!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Nature's Ornaments (UPDATED)
I was reading old issues of The Herb Companion magazine last night and learned that the American Sweet Gum (Liquidambar styraciflua) is an herbal tree. It not only produces timber but an aromatic balsam or resin called storax or styrax which is used in medicines, perfumery and in commercial bakery supplies. It has brilliant fall color and a pleasing shape. Who knew! I didn't, but now you do too!