Monday, August 23, 2010

Herbs of the Zodiac-Virgo!

Bertha Reppert's Herbs of the Zodiac
Today is the beginning of the Virgo birthdays.  I just happen to be a Virgo.  Happy Birthday to my friend, Paula!  Today is her birthday!  The above photo is a great little booklet from Rosemary House and Bertha Reppert called Bertha Reppert's Herbs of the Zodiac.
 
Bertha writes "Born between August 23 and September 22, Virgoans are orderly, methodical and rarely impulsive.  Patience and perseverance make them accomplish a great deal especially in the fields of literature, drama or music.  Pisces is the ideal partner of Virgo.  (The Herbal Husband is a Pisces.)  They are conservative about food, food preparation and food service, enjoying simplicity and neatness."  (I would rewrite that sentence to say Virgos like to eat, don't like to cook and serve and would rather have someone else cook for them!  The Herbal Husband fits that to a tee!)  My comments are in parentheses.

An Earth sign, ruled by the planet Mercury, Virgo symbolizes the realization of hopes.  You should avoid doubting your capabilities and antagonizing others.  (Ooops!  I think I have done both of those items to avoid!)

Twelve Herbs for Virgoans are wild carrot, bay leaves (a favorite of mine), ferns, sweet marjoram (a favorite of mine), celery, meadowsweet, sorrel, almond (a favorite of mine, Bertha says to eat six every day), lady's mantle (a favorite of mine), hops, rue, and gardenia (a favorite of mine).  Had one birthday dinner last night at T.G.I. Friday's.  Free dessert and I got to eat most of it!  Vanilla Bean Cheesecake!  Very excellent!  Plan on celebrating more!  So happy birthday to all you Virgos out in the world!  Talk to you later.

12 comments:

Rosemary said...

Happy Birthday Nancy! Hope your celebrations last for days!
Nancy

Carol said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I'm working on the celebrating for days! Thanks ladies!

Unknown said...

My birthday is in July and I celebrate all month. You could do the astrology version of this and celebrate until September 22! Happy Birthday, LVL.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Sounds good to me, TG! Happy belated Birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

another Virgo here!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Wendy!

Alan Richardson said...

Belated birthday greetings, Nancy.

Alan

Becca's Dirt said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! I am a Libra. I life has to have some sort of balance and everything fit together. I am easy going and get along with most signs. I but heads with Taurus and Capricorns. I have been married to both signs.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It's still to be Alan, but thanks for the wishes!

Thanks Becca! Virgo are very controlling and so are Pisces! It makes for an interesting home life!

Thanks for stopping both of you!

Alyssa said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Alyssa!