Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Blooming Rosemary and Mint!

Love The Rosemary in Bloom!

Always exciting when the rosemary starts to bloom.  Last season we put this prostrate rosemary in a container and it wintered over as you might remember in the garage.  Now it is blooming!  Always a great thing!

The silver mint is also in bloom and the bees love it.  It is also in a container!  The only way to grow.  However, I didn't listen to my own advice!  Hope you are having a great day wherever you may be.  It finally rained last night and may cool off this week.  We need a break from the high heat and humidity.  Talk to you later.  My last Gardenline of the season tomorrow!

A Blooming Silver Mint!

8 comments:

PeggyR said...

I love rosemary and mint!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

They are both so sculptural! Thanks for stopping by, Peggy!

Little Messy Missy said...

Mine bloomed last week. ;0)

Carol said...

My mint is blooming but not the rosemary yet. I love smelling the rosemary when I'm in that part of the garden. I'll be bringing some of it into the kitchen to winter over so the kitchen should smell good too!

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Hi dear,

I look forward to the rosemary in bloom when we return to California. I can always count on them for Christmas too-full out bloom.

Jeff and I picked up your comment on my blog and we HOWLED, just HOWLED while reading it. Also the one from right before your comment.

Avocado green??? You DESERVE new appliances.

Love,

Sharon Lovejoy Write from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Congratulations, Missy!

Carol, we usually have one in a container over the kitchen sink! The smell is intoxicating!

Christmas is a fabulous time to have them in bloom. Well, the cat is out of the bag. The Herbal Husband raised his arms in triumph when I described your kitchen. Hopefully, he will forget soon! I do deserve new appliances!

Thanks for stopping by ladies!

Alan Richardson said...

I just let everything run rampant: Russian Sage, chives, yarrow, mints of various varieties . . .

I need to catch up.

Alan

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

You are very much like The Herbal Husband! I mean letting things run rampant! You both have accents as well! Thanks for stopping by!