Thursday, August 12, 2010

Guest Blogging for The Herb Companion Magazine!

My guest post for The Herb Companion Magazine is all about nasturtiums.  In the photo above, we have our blossoms for this year.  The very pale and dark colors are from Territorial Seed and are called 'Night and Day'.  I also wanted to show another side shot of a nasturtium with a spur.  It's the long pointy thing off the back of the flower.  Insects love to hide in there.  That's why I like 'Whirlybird' so well because it doesn't have a spur.  I got the 'Whirlybird' from Renee's Garden Seeds.  You can see a photo of 'Whirlybird' in my guest blog.
So here is a link to  Edible Delights: 3 Nasturtium Recipes, my latest guest post and hopefully you will be growing some new varieties of nasturtium next year and some different recipes for your summer parties.  Going to finally make that apple pie for our friend Jim.  He turned 94 on Tuesday!  Our neighbor's son turned 16 on the same day!  He is driving!  Look out world!  Hope you are having a great day wherever you may be.  The ickies and stickies are still here!  Talk to you later.  Only a couple more days to enter my book giveaway for my second year anniversary!  Don't forget to comment!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite is Mahogany and its deep dark orange color. I love the colors in the Night and Day - will have to get me some. Never had any problems with bugs in the spur - guess our bugs are too big here!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

You grow everything big in Texas! Sorry I haven't participated in Cheep Rooms this week! Thanks for stopping by!

seanymph said...

Oooooooo I have them growing in pots here and it got so cold they are drying up. But there enough left out there that looks good, that I am going to make that vinegar. I love peppery stuff and have rosemary and chives growing too. Its perfect. Thanks !

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

You are welcome, seanymph!

Terra said...

Ok, a link to recipes for nasturtiums so I must sign up now to follow your blog. We grow them and put them in salads, and now I will read the article.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Terra for signing up to follow my blog and growing nasturtiums. Hope you like the recipes!