Saturday, August 28, 2010

Celebrating with Cinnamon Basil Jelly and Dinner!

Well, today's the big day!  Yes, 50 plus years ago I was born!  Made 12 jars of cinnamon basil jelly and The Herbal Husband is taking me out to dinner to the Cross Keys Inn.  Will have photos for you later.  My best friend and her daughter, Miss C are coming over with a gift.  So I got to run.  It has been a beautiful day here.  Hope it's nice wherever you may be.  Talk to you later!

Here are some photos from dinner!

Spinach Salad with Warm Chevre Cheese, Golden Beets and a Sherry Basil Vinaigrette!
Pittsburgh Wedge, Iceberg Lettuce Served with Bacon, Blue Cheese and Egg with Ranch Dressing!

Seared Day Boat Sea Scallops with Sweet Crab, Corn & Potato Chowder Sauce!
Roasted Amish Chicken Breast with Herbs & Garlic Stock Reduction with Mashed Potatoes!

Didn't get a very good picture of dessert, but it was very good.  My creme brulee had a candle in it and The Herbal Husband had tiramisu.  The Herbal Husband left part of it.  He was stuffed!  I actually ate the rest of his dessert.  Only on my birthday!  Can't do that again until next year at least!  If you are in the Pittsburgh area, give the Cross Keys Inn a try.  The atmosphere is very relaxing, the service efficient and the food was delicious!  Miss C is coming back tomorrow to dig potatoes with The Herbal Husband.  I have more jelly to make!  Yikes!  Will it ever end?  Yes, I'll either run out of jars or Certo!  Stay tuned!

17 comments:

Daricia said...

Happy Birthday! Your jelly sounds delicious. Hope dinner out is a lot of fun!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Daricia. It was delicious!

Carol said...

Happy Birthday!!! The meal sounds and looks delicious.

I have tons of cinnamon basil too so maybe I'll give the jelly a try too.

GailinVirginia said...

Happy Birthday...late reading your post...your dinner looks, err looked, delicious:) I only have regular basil...but I make a lot of simple basil butter and freeze it for hot pasta and parmesan cheese...also, it's great dabbed on hot sizzling steaks off the grill or slathered on Italian or French bread then lightly broiled. Your canning energy is awesome...my old jars just set in the garage...:(
Wishing you a lovely Sunday.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'm a day late, but couldn't let another day pass without wishing you a Happy Birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day. The food looks marvelous. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Kay's flowers said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Nancy! I love creme brulee! I am a day late but the sentiment is still there. I hope it was the best. 50 is a great time of life so enjoy it all you can!

Blessings,
Kay

Little Messy Missy said...

That meal looks fabulous!!!! happy birthday!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

*Ulrike* said...

Oh my that does look so yummy! Good thing I've had breakfast!! Happy 50th to you! I hope that you will have many more wonderful years!!
Ulrike

seanymph said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Looks like you had a wonderful one. :)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes! I have had a great week!

Comfrey Cottages said...

Happy Birthday to you dear Nancy! Looks like you celebrated really well with that lovely food:) YUM!!! good job on all the jellies! love and hugsxxxx

Pam said...

Happy belated birthday! This all looks delicious! I'm a new follower and so happy to find your blog. I will be looking around now!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Pam! Glad you are along for the ride!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Oops! Sorry Leslie! I didn't see your comment! Thanks hon, for the wishes and the jelly isn't done yet! LOL! A big, big hug for you always!

Pat said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you!! We are in Palmer, Alaska and catching up with emails and all the blogs I love to visit...love that creme brulee! I had the same thing Saturday night for dessert -
In the 50's - low 60's up here - very pleasant compared to the upper 80's back home!
All the flowers and vegetables are larger than life - they love those long daylight hours!
Take care and have a great week.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hi TO! Glad to hear from you! Thanks for your birthday wishes! I have always wanted to get to Alaska. The plants must be amazing! You have a great trip and a great week!

Comfrey Cottages said...

yum more jellies to come!! i want to eat at your house:) love and hugs