- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennials
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Links to Timber Press Book Reviews
- Info About My Handout for The Zen of Making Herbal Jelly!
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
It's Not Summer Without....
1/2 c. (1 stick) of butter or margarine, softened
1/2 t. lemon juice
3 T. fresh herbs, chopped (your choice) (I usually use 1 T. parsley, 1 T. marjoram and 1 T. rosemary.)
1 clove of garlic, pressed (You don't have to add this to have a good herb butter. The garlic just adds an additional layer of flavor.)
Finely chop herbs and mix into softened butter, add other ingredients. Put in a covered container. Refrigerate for 24 hours before using. Herb butter may be kept refrigerated for two weeks or frozen for up to six months. Put butter on vegetables, pasta, fish, meat, poultry, bread, etc.
Courtesy of Spring and Summer Sampler, p. 10.
Hope you are having a great day wherever you may be. Made two batches of lemon basil jelly. Going to the Zoo tomorrow with Miss C! Will have some photos tomorrow! Talk to you later!