Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wild Herbal Trough!

The faeries are getting buried under the weight of the silver thyme!  This is a silver thyme on the left,. a dwarf curry plant on the back left and then a compact sage on the back right.  I don't have a whole lot of luck growing silver thyme in the ground, but in this trough, it's gone crazy!  I guess the secret is extremely great drainage!  Today is lemon basil jelly day.  The apple pie is still in the back of my mind!  Lots going on!  Hope you are having a great day wherever you may be.  I'm going to be participating in The Herbal Bouquet's blog from time to time.  I have a little introductory post there today!   

3 comments:

Carol said...

yummmm... the Lemon Basil jelly sounds divine! No time for anything garden related the last 2 days...hopefully tomorrow.

lifeshighway said...

I've never had lemon basil jelly. I will have to look for it at the farmers market. Did you make a planter out of a bench? That is really cute.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hope the weather is cooling down for you, Carol. The jelly is very good. It is the new grape. I have made 36 jars so far. Since we lost our grapes this year.

No LH, the trough is just sitting on the bench, but it's a good idea!

Thanks for stopping by ladies!