Thursday, November 14, 2013

Afternoon Tea at the Frick Cafe!

I had Earl Grey and Bonnie had the Frick Special Blend
The Afternoon Tea Tray
The Desserts
The Scones with English Cream and Jam
The Sandwiches
Well, it can't be all work and no play!  This afternoon my herbal companion, Bonnie and I had afternoon tea at the Frick Cafe.  We have been wanting to do this for several years.  The Herbal Husband took me to tea here a couple of years ago for my birthday and it was delicious then and now.

The desserts were fruit and chocolate dipping sauce, almond biscotti, lemon madelines, coconut cookies and a chocolate cookie for Bonnie.  The scones were cranberry lemon and vanilla and the sandwiches were egg salad, crab salad, chicken salad and beet salad.  Everything was delicious.  The only thing that I would have liked would have been a bit more interesting bread choices for the sandwiches.  The fillings were very good.  I had never had a beet salad on bread and it was different.  I think that is what I love about afternoon tea when chefs think outside the traditional tea tray.

So if you are looking for an afternoon tea spot in the Pittsburgh area, think about the Frick Cafe.  They are open from 11 AM to 5 PM Tuesday through Sunday.  They are closed Mondays.  It was a beautiful sunny day here, but still a bit brisk.  Hopefully, we are going to warm up for a bit over the weekend.  Hope you had a great day.  Talk to you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Terra said...

I would like to have tea there, the food looks like ideal tea offerings.

Anonymous said...

That does look good, and suddenly I am very hungry!
I am curious, you refer to the cream as English cream, is American cream different?

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It was very good, Terra and always good to have tea with a friend. xo

Hi Tracey, It was called English cream on the website. I knew it wasn't clotted cream as traditionally served in England. I would call it a mock clotted cream even more than English cream. Maybe we had better call it American cream! xo

Thanks ladies for stopping by!