Monday, November 11, 2013

My Monday Morning Herbal Confessions!

The Lavender Was Drooping.  So I Watered It Too Much!
My Favorite Was Drooping This Morning and It Is Back to Normal!
OK, I just have to laugh about this.  My blogging buddy, Marcy Lautanen-Raleigh who writes Backyard Patch Herbal Blog was complementing me on how good the herbs in containers looked in my living room.  Marcy, it is all The Herbal Husband's care that gets them to look this way!  Honestly!  I feel like an herbal fraud talking about them when I usually don't take care of them on a daily basis.  I troubleshoot problems and sometimes too late to fix them.

I think I have said this before, The Herbal Husband and I have two distinct watering styles.  So only one of us can take care of the plants indoors or outdoors.  One thing I have learned in the last several days since he left, you have to look at each plant every day because their needs are different!  After Marcy made her comment to me over the weekend, I went into the living room and noticed that the lavender was drooping.  No problem!  I'll just get the watering can and water it.  Stuck my finger in first and it was dry.  Watered just a bit or so I thought.  Put the watering can back in the kitchen and came back to check and I had a pool of water on the carpeting around the pot!  YIKES!  Got that mess cleaned up and now have my emergency paper towels ready!  These plants are all used to get a little drink every other day or so!  The Herbal Husband tends to overwater and I tend to underwater.

My favorite was drooping this morning and I gave it a drink!  Didn't flood things this time.  The water was all absorbed by the plant.  This lemon verbena is holding all of its leaves and I think I may just give it an herbal cut to reduce its stress.

So I thank you for your herbal praise, but really The Herbal Husband deserves the credit.  I'm just hoping my herbal caregiving will keep things alive while he is gone!  Hope you are having a great day.  Thoughts and prayers are with the people of The Philippines.  Honor to all of our Veterans!  Talk to you later.

2 comments:

Bernideen said...

Great herbal watering tips. I learn most things "the hard way".

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Bernideen! I usually have at least one episode per trip! xo