Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

A Thanksgiving Blooming Cactus!
Just wanted to let you know that since our weather has changed outside in the garden, I'll be coming inside and working in my workspace.  Also I plan to finish some of the trips that I have interrupted because the garden comes first on this blog.  The Herbal Husband arrived back from Peru just in time for the snow!  A day later and he might have had to extend his vacation in Florida.

The blooms on the Christmas cactus have arrived early so it must be Thanksgiving!  The Herbal Husband and I wish you a very safe (It's going to be messy in some parts of the country including here.) and peaceful Thanksgiving day with friends and family.  The Herbal Husband and I met on Thanksgiving 30 years ago and I'm glad we did.  So I think I'll take a bit of time off and will show you what I'm working on next week. 

I shared a couple of Thanksgiving recipes I posted for Mother Earth Living last Thanksgiving for Cream of Carrot and Lovage Soup and Feta-Sage Cornbread with my Facebook friends earlier today.  So if you click on the link above, you will find them as well.  Both very easy to do and delicious.  All of these links are in my upcoming post for Mother Earth Living.  In case the post isn't up until after Thanksgiving,  I'll give you a link for a leftover recipe using turkey for turkey tetrazzini.  And last but not least, here is my mother's cranberry orange relish recipe with rosemary.  I gave it the herbal twist.  I'll put up a link for my latest post when it is posted on Mother Earth Living's blog site.   So I will talk to you next week, until then Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy your memories and continue to make new ones.

Love and hugs to the both of you ~ FlowerLady

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Tracey and FL! xo