Friday, November 15, 2013

Still Harvesting!

I Think This is Ready to be Picked!
Isn't It the Cutest?
Gosh, I'm gushing like a parent!  Well, this pepper wasn't going to get bigger and I got worried that it's going to rot, so I picked it.  I'll work it into a recipe somehow or try to keep it in a Chinese food container until The Herbal Husband comes home! 

The weather has improved greatly here.  Going to lunch with another friend today.  Still have leaves to rake and I'll spend the day doing that tomorrow.  Was looking in the back garden and that has stayed relatively good.  Really have gotten into my stride here.  The birds are happy and so are the plants.  All is good.  Hope you are having a great day.  Have a great weekend.  Talk to you next time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little pepper. : )

Unknown said...

Nice pepper. Isn't that just the way it is in the garden, to pick or not to pick. Last year I had some gigantic cabbage in the work garden and everyone kept wanting me to pick them. They were so big and beautiful I wanted to see how big they would get. I finally gave in but I just knew they were still going strong.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Susanne. I was pretty pleased that nothing has happened to it under my watch! We had stink bugs that were hiding under the rims of the containers and they were biting the flowers of the peppers before they could even produce a pepper!

Hi TG! Yes, it's either feast or famine here! The peppers are inside now so their capacity to get bigger is slim! I just was hoping that it wouldn't drop or start to rot!

Thanks for stopping by ladies! xo

Anonymous said...

I LOVE peppers! I put cayenne pepper in my water I love it so much! :)
If you're interested here is a story i wrote about wheatgrass:
http://bit.ly/1aYvmih