Thursday, March 26, 2015

Afternoon Tea at Bea's of Bloomsbury, London, England--May, 2014

The Menu at Bea's of Bloomsbury
The Scones and Desserts
The Sandwiches
A Pot of Lemon Verbena Tea
Bea's Are Known For Their Cupcakes!
During the last couple of trips to England, I have extra time to take afternoon tea which I love.  In 2013 I discovered Bea's of Bloomsbury near St. Paul's Cathedral.  It is a very small space but cozy.  I think Bea is originally from the Maryland or DC area of the United States.  She has left her mark on afternoon tea in London with her outstanding cupcakes.  I really loved my afternoon tea in 2013.  This time the dessert tray was filled with banana bread, blueberry lemon bread, vanilla marshmallow meringues and a vanilla passion fruit cupcake and of course, scones.  The sandwiches are cute and little and interesting fillings. This time there was not enough filling in any of the sandwiches and if I hadn't written the fillings down in my journal, I would not have remember them today.  They were tuna and cucumber, BBQ Pork and Cheddar and Roasted Pepper.   I always have lemon verbena tea when I go there and it was very good.  The one redeemed factor is that Bea's scones are at the top of my list as far as scones go.  When I go again, I will just have a cream tea which is scones, clotted cream and jam and tea.  If you really love dessert, Bea's of Bloomsbury is the place for you.  Will be finishing my visit to the gardens at the Geffrye Museum next time.

Ever changing weather here it was 70 yesterday and the 30's tonight and back in the teen's for lows on Saturday.  The weathermen are assuring Pittsburghers that this is the end of the January weather!  And the end of March next week!  It has been a long month!  Hope you had a great day.  Talk to you later.   

No comments: