Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Christmas Present to Myself!

I finally finished this cross-stitch piece.  I think I started it last year at this time.  I try to do a big project a year.  Didn't get any thing finished for 2009.  This is my seventh from the Told in a Garden series.  For as complex as it looks, it is really a simple life and design and that's what I love about them.  I have already started another project and have been ripping out what I started.  A story for another time.  I have a list of projects and maybe it will be finished some day!  Movie day.  Going to see The Fighter this afternoon.  Not my kind of movie, but going to see the performances.  Saw Black Swan the other day.  A very intense movie, but a wonderful performance by Natalie Portman.  Hope you are staying warm wherever you are.  Talk to you later.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW LOVELY!!! You are bursting with creative energy!! Merry Christmas to you!!!

seanymph said...

Beautiful. I dont think Ive seen this one before. I have a couple of the Told in a Garden patterns, small ones tho. I did a few small ones with women quilting. Now you have to get that framed and show it off :)

Leanne said...

Ooh that is beautiful!
Great feeling to have it finished.
Love Leanne

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That is really pretty! It's always nice to complete a project.

Have a lovely Christmas and a great new year.

FlowerLady

Unknown said...

What a beautiful piece! I love the bright colors.

Carol said...

Lovely piece! I admire needlework alot and really should do it more often.....woulda...shoulda...

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks everyone for your comments and for coming by!

Sharon said...

Beautiful piece! One day I will put a sampler that I finished in 1988 on my blog. It is so big!

Hope you have a wonderful holiday and thanks for all the nice comments on my blog. Blogging friends are the best!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Merry Christmas to you all!

Pat said...

Talk about patience! I have such admiration for people who do cross stitch...such fine work and all that counting!! My eyes could never handle it.
Congratulations on finishing this lovely piece.
More snow last night - might be headed your way...

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks, TO! I have always admired a quilter's patience as well! I think we aren't going to get too much more snow at the moment only cold! Merry Christmas, TO!

Kathy said...

Hello,
I was visiting one of my dear blogging friends and came across your blog - I am thoroughly enjoying it! I love herbs too and will follow to see more!
Kathy

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Kathy! On a little break, but will be back soon!