Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Just in Thyme (Oh, I mean Time!)

I was looking at the beautiful herbs that were covered with frost on Jim Long's Garden blog the other day.  Little did I know that we would have snow after 50's and over 2" of rain yesterday!  But it wouldn't be December without some snow!  Yes, I know I said it, DECEMBER!  Where has the year gone?  Down the clothes chute!  Fortunately at our house I was too big to get inside!  My mother would have expired on the spot!  It would have been perfect too, but the chute part was too small!  I think I did send my baby dolls down at least once or twice.  Sorry mom!

Here is the front garden.  Looks a little fairy like, doesn't it?  Well, want to finish my post before my exercise and I think a movie this afternoon.  The new Russell Crowe movie filmed here in the 'Burgh, The Next Three Days.  BTW, Love and Other Drugs is a good one with Jake the cutie Gyllenhaal (Had to look that up!) and Anne Hathaway.  Also, filmed in the 'Burgh.  And I was going to say Unforgettable but it's Unstoppable with Denzel Washington.  It was also filmed here.  The Herbal Husband saw that one on his own and liked it.  Busy place, Pittsburgh!  Forgot about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!  That's what I'm going to see!  Hope you are having a great day.  I'll get back to the herbal posts eventually.  Way behind as usual!  Talk to you later!

11 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

Oh and you excercise. Wish I could say the same. Sounds like some good movies and a great day for it. Yes that photo does look fairy-like and I love it. Wish I were walking through with some nice boots and a white coat going after some hot chocolate. Have a nice day.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Haven't yet, Becca! Exercise that is! Had to scrape off the car for errands! It's always something else. Hopefully this afternoon! Thanks for stopping by!

Leanne said...

brr it does look like fairy land.

Keep warm.

Love Leanne

Debra Howard said...

Oh, I so look forward to snow! We are still having lovely crisp fall weather here in Texas. Hopefully soon.
Debbie

Unknown said...

What a beautiful dusting of snow. Those photos are quite nice.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Gosh, Leanne from New Zealand! I'm going to visit some day!

Thanks Debbie and TG for stopping by as always!

Anonymous said...

Love the snow pictures as long as they are from Pittsburgh. Your garden does look like a fairyland. Not ready for snow in the midstate - Judith

Albin said...

BRRRR Frosty!!!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I promise not to intentionally send it your way, Judith!

We are in our gray and snowy period, Albin! Thanks for stopping by you two!

Pammy said...

Stunning photos!! Thank You so much for sharing them!!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks for stopping by, Pammy. I'm following your blog as well! Nancy