Monday, December 6, 2010

Simple Christmas Decor Two Years in the Making!!

Yikes, when I take these photos I'm not quite as good as my friend, Kary at My Farmhouse Kitchen at styling my shots!  Well, the bottom part is an old celery glass from the Victorian times.  My friend, Martha from Lines from Linderhof might like the glass for one of her spectacular table scapes.  I just filled the celery glass with pine cones and a cinnamon stick.  It might look good with mini green and red Christmas ornaments as well.  The topper is a pomander that I started in 2008!  I just closed the container and The Herbal Husband moved it around the basement so I forgot about it!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!  Well, since December started we have been frigid and snowy!  I guess we will have a white Christmas this year!  Hope you have had a great day wherever you may be.  Talk to you later.

 BTW, I think this is a better choice.  Still the same pomander, but a different dish.  Same vintage as the other, Victorian.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

I love the flat dish with the beribboned pomander tucked in amongst the pinecones and cinnamon sticks. Beautiful! It reminds me of something I would see in my mothers home... what a pleasant memory you have provided for me today Nancy.
Thank you!
Nancy

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Gosh, Nancy, that has given me chills! Thanks for your comment!