Friday, December 31, 2010

I Couldn't Wait Until Next Year!

Had to show you what I finished while I was gone.  I have a list of cross-stitch "to do"s.  This Shepard's Bush chart was from the early 90's.  The Herbal Husband was amazed how quick it was to finish.  He was probably thinking why didn't she finish it sooner!  Oh, well, this was what I was ripping out earlier and had to start over again!

Psst, don't let The Herbal Husband know it, but this is my favorite Christmas present this year.  He got me some wonderful language of flower books.  I'll share them later.  This is from my best friend's daughter, my almost daughter, Miss C.  It is a BloemBox for a Bumble Bee Garden.  Inside this adorable box are three 5' seed ribbons made of plantable, biodegradable tissue paper filled with premium seeds for effortless planting.  They are Dahlia Flowered Pink Zinnia (Zinnia elegans), Queen Anne's Thimble (Gilia capitata) and Black-Eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta), all annuals.  Miss C called this gift a twofer because once the seed ribbons are planted, the box is way too cute not to use it for other stuff!  So Miss C and I will be busy planting them next spring after the threat of frost is gone.  So The Herbal Husband and I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve celebration wherever you may be!  Be safe and I will talk to you in the New Year!  (Probably tomorrow!)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The pillow is very beautiful. I think you can keep it out for a little while with its wintery theme. The flowers and seeds are a wonderful gift but as my sweetie would know I would like the box the best. Silly isn't it?

Happy New Year to you and the HH!

Kay's flowers said...

Happy New Year to you too! Have a good one.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks, TG! I think I'm going to keep it out year round! It is so funny how similar we are!

Hi Kay, Happy New Year to you and your family!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

P.S. TG, Happy New Year to you and your sweetie!

Sharon Lovejoy said...

My dear friend Nancy,

Part of the joy of this year was spending time with you. Jeff and I were both so happy we met in person instead of always "on line."

Sending love and best New Year's wishes to you and yours,

Sharon

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a sweet pillow with a lovely sentiment. That little box of seeds is adorable.

Have a wonderful 2011.

FlowerLady

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Sharon. You are such a blessing!

You as well FlowerLady!

Thanks for stopping by ladies!

seanymph said...

That box is so cute. but I love your pillow! You and I seem to have the same taste in stitchery :)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It's amazing how we all come together by likes, seanymph! Thanks for stopping by and Happy New Year!