Thursday, October 8, 2015

It's About Reconnection and New Connections in England!

I have been very fortunate over the last several years to be able to spend a couple of weeks in England specifically London.  Since I have been retired for so long, a beach vacation just doesn't do it for me.  I have always loved England ever since my first trip in 1966.  I was just a child but it obviously made a big impact for me.

All of my English trips aren't about the souvenirs (well, maybe a little), but of the connections and reconnections made during the time there.  I was lucky enough to see the Queen of Herbs, Jekka McVicar at her lovely and wonderful farm and herbetum outside Bristol.  Also I got to spend time with my herbal sister, Debs and her wonderful, patient husband and our driver, Simon.  We also got to spend time with the gardening dynamo, Marion Monihan, who in the smallest of worlds was a student at Pitt in her early days.  A new connection was a brief one but so reminded me of our friends, Jim and Laverne.  I will tell you about the Liverpool couple who I met at the Kensington Roof Garden.

I have missed so much in the herb garden and you have too.  I am going to try and intersperse herb garden posts with English travel ones.  Hope you will come along for the adventures.  A beautiful day in the herb garden and I am inside catching up on laundry!  Talk to you later!

Jekka and Lemon Verbena Lady in the Herbetum!
Debs, Marion, the Gardening Dynamo and Lemon Verbena Lady!
My Herbal Sis, Debs and Our Amazing and Patient Driver, Simon!
The Lovely Liverpool Couple at the Kensington Roof Garden!

2 comments:

Pat said...

So looking forward to hearing about your English adventures & how the herb garden is doing...welcome back!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks TO for stopping by! xo