Sunday, April 18, 2010

I Was Hopeful!

Yesterday while sitting in front of the computer, I was hopeful that I could get my selections made for the Zombie Chicken award.  It was not to be.  As I opened Blogger to get started, my power went off!  We had a rainstorm the night before and our power flashed off and back on, but we didn't lose it because of the storm.  When I called the power company, they always have that cheerful automatic voice that tells you when to expect your power back on.  11:30 PM, April 18th!  Fortunately, they were way off, but it threw me off.  Although I did get off the hook for dinner.  We had Chinese.  I have to go burn off a few more calories than I had planned on having!  So hopefully as Scarlett said, "Tomorrow is another day!"  Above is my Kerria japonica.  The common name is Japanese rose.  Beautiful green stems and leaves.  Wonderful in the spring garden.  Talk to you later.  Thanks for hanging around!

3 comments:

PeggyR said...

Don't you just hate it when the power goes off and on like that. The rose is very pretty!

Alyssa said...

Beautiful yellow flowers for a cloudy spring day! Love them! ;)Alyssa

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Yes, it was a frustrating day, but I got dinner out so it can't be all bad! Thanks ladies for stopping by!