Monday, December 3, 2012

Lunch at 1906 at Longwood!

My herbal companion, Bonnie and I have been working to get to Longwood at Christmas for years now.  The master gardeners had planned to go, but not enough interest was shown, so Bonnie and I made our own trip.  Somehow it is always about food first when we go.  So we got our timed ticket at 12:30 and went straight away to lunch at 1906.  As you can see by the photos, we sat on the terrace that was covered and heated so we didn't mind the cool temperatures.  Yes, I did eat my roll even though I ordered the panini!  Bonnie's and my mission is to find the best crab cakes in the world, but she also has to check out the burgers and fries.  Fries are her middle name!  Sometimes you just have to indulge!  We'll get into the displays tomorrow.  They were breathtakingly beautiful.  Hope you are having a great day.  I'll talk to you later.






Red Twig Dogwoods Among the Decorated Trees
We Ate Lunch Outside on the Deck!

Roll in a Flower Pot!  Cute!
A Festive Gerbera Daisy and Green Berries of Some Kind!
A Bouchee with blue cheese and apple jam on top!
I had the Cheddar and Ham Panini with a Greens Salad and Home Made Potato Chips
Bonnie Had a Burger and Fries


9 comments:

Terra said...

That sounds like a delicious meal, and the visit to Longwood's will be a treat.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It was fun sitting 'outside' but toasty warm, Terra. I think you will enjoy my Longwood posts. xxoo Nancy

Rosemary said...

oh, Yum! Love the presentation, particularly the bouche.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Yes, it was a tasty little surprise, Rosemary! Thanks for stopping by as always! xxoo Nancy

Pat said...

Don't you just love presentation!! Everything looks so appetizing...have heard a visit to Longwood is memorable...looking forward to more photos!
(Still trying to connect up with the kids so they can have the birdhouse gift...)

Comfrey Cottages said...

Oh how fun! that food looks delicious, Nancy :) love that roll in a flower pot! xxxx

Carol said...

Everything looks divine ♥♥♥

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks for stopping by Leslie! xxoo Nancy

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Yes, TO, some times, it is better than the food itself! I'm sure they will love the book and feeder. xxoo Nancy

It was very nice, Carol. xxoo Nancy

Thanks for stopping you two.