Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Never Forget!

The Survivor Tree is a Callery Pear
When The Herbal Husband and I went to NYC in July, we did get to the 9/11 Memorial.  It is a very moving place.  The one living element besides the swamp white oaks just planted is this Callery pear.  It not only survived the twin towers collapsing, but also Hurricane Irene.  It is a survivor in the truest sense.  On this day of remembrance, let us remember those who passed away from terrorism on our soils and those who are protecting us everywhere not only here but around the world.

I have been making jelly and today I'm making an experiment.  I'll share if it turns out.  The ickies and stickies are here again, but cooler weather is coming.  Hope you are having a great day wherever you may be.  Talk to you later. 

3 comments:

Carla said...

May they rest in peace. The tree is a beautiful reminder of what life.

Anonymous said...

Incredible that this tree managed to survive. I was saying elsewhere that the horror of that day never gets any less.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Carla for stopping by. It was a very emotional day for me.

It was a very emotional morning for me Tracey! I didn't really want to go because I knew I would cry! It did bring some closure though.

Thanks ladies for stopping by. xo