Sunday, June 7, 2015

Not Sure Where to Start, Herbally Speaking!

I guess I should just call it what it is hooky!  Yes, I have been playing hooky with my blog!  I barely got the last post out.  So I will just try to bring you up to date on what has been happening.  I'm not sure whether to start in early May and catch you up or just start with what's happening in the garden today and work on the early and mid May posts later on.

You see when I went to Williamsburg, VA for the national Herb Society meeting in early May, we had a heatwave (high 80's every day) here in the garden and I came home to a blooming garden much more advanced than early May would have usually been.  And I brought back a lot of herb plants from visiting Surreybrooke in Maryland,  Lavender Fields Herb Farm in Glen Allen, Virginia and DeBaggio's Herb Farm in Chantilly, Virginia for the garden and for my container class at the end of May which I posted in late May.
Surreybrooke Has Lovely Garden Spaces and Unusual Plants!

Lavender Fields Herb Farm Has Organic Herbs!

DeBaggio's Herb Farm Closes July 1, 2015 for the Season
Can I just say about the three businesses above, they are all passionate about plants whether they are herbs, perennials, annuals, etc.  Surreybrooke is more than a garden center.  It is a destination and has wonderful gardens to walk through and a new pavilion for your special events plus tons of wonderful unusual plants.  Lavender Fields has wonderful organic herb plants, you can have lunch there (I think you have to preorder it.) and my friend Bonnie and I enjoyed their lavender lemonade on the last leg of the drive to Williamsburg!  The iconic DeBaggio's Herb Farm has a great selection of herbs, flowers, both annual and perennial and veggies!  They are the only one of the three that will be closed as of July 1 for the season.

So that's the skinny on the garden and herb farms Bonnie and I stopped both on the way to Williamsburg and going home.  It was the perfect combination.  I'll talk about the Herb Society meeting and other events in upcoming posts.  Now for a few photos of the herb garden and other happenings here in Glenshaw.
The Herb Garden This Morning!
Have Been Cutting Chamomile Flowers for Tea Bags.
Been Having Amazing Salads with Our Greens and Herbs
One of My Favorite Roses is Blooming, Rosa Mundi!
So you can see some of what has been going on in the herb garden.  Hope to get back into some kind of routine of posting.  Weather is warm and rain is coming.  Maybe another post tomorrow when it rains.  I'll post when I can.  Hope you are having a great day!  Talk to you later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I love that rose of yours blooming, I've never seen one just like it. Happy gardening,
Dorothy

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Wait until you see today's posts. I think you will enjoy them. It is intermingled with another rose and so it isn't has vigorous as it could be, but it is one of my favorites. Thanks for stopping by! xo