Monday, August 22, 2016

Holy Chive Blossoms!

Been So Wet Even The Slugs Are Attracted to the Chives!
Went out on Saturday to cut fresh chives for my scrambled eggs!  What did I find?  A big, juicy slug!  We usually have small little things!  These are like the Pacific Northwest!  It was actually wrapped around the chive stem.  Not getting to enjoy my chives, Mr. Slug!  Then I gave it as a gift to the birds!  I thought that was very fitting.   Never knew that slugs would be a problem here in the 'Burgh.  Something else to worry about! 

Finally some cooler weather today!  Going out to the garden and try to get some things done that should have been done early!  Hope you are having a fabulous day wherever you may be!  Your box should be in the mail in the morning, Sharon!  Thanks to everyone who participated and who keep me on this herbal journey.  Glad you want to keep learning about herbs.  I do too!  Talk to you later.

2 comments:

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Oh, my goodness! Must really be bad. Never heard of that before! Nancy

Carol said...

This must be the year for them... I have more than normal and they are bigger. :(