Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Gardens at Gantz Farm and Happy Thanksgiving!

The Patio Area with the Culinary and Fragrance Gardens

The Garden of Yesterday

One or More Very Happy 'Bath's Pink' Cheddar Pink Dianthus

The 'Frosty Fire' Dianthus is Blooming in My Herb Garden!
Just wanted to show you a brief glimpse of the Gardens at Gantz Farm just south of Columbus, Ohio in Grove City, Ohio on the way to Cincinnati.  The clump of dianthus at Gantz Farm was amazing.  They have a Garden of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow and a Labyrinth.  I'm looking forward to going back in the summer in the not too distant future.  I was so surprised to see my dianthus blooming in the herb garden.  It may make an appearance in my Thanksgiving table bouquet on Thursday.  Going to take a day or two or more off.  The prize winners have gotten in touch with me and their gifts are on their way to Wisconsin and Oregon.  Stay tuned I'm going to do a basket giveaway in December that you won't want to miss.  This year's theme is Herbal Scents for the Holidays.  So I hope all my readers in the US have a safe and feastful day with friends and family.  Talk to you later.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the Herbal Husband.

(That is an amazing Bath's Pink. Your dianthus is pretty special, too.)

Anonymous said...

My Dianthus are still blooming, despite the recent frost. I think I put them in during April, and they have been flowering ever since. Not as impressive a spread as at the Gardens at Gantz Farm. It looks lovely there.
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Pat said...

Looks like another gorgeous garden - love the brick walkways & the themes of Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow.
While I put away lots of dried herbs, our weather has turned so mild that there is still fresh thyme & sage in the garden. 55 yesterday - amazing! Though a cold front is due late tomorrow night.
Have a lovely herbal Thanksgiving.

Carla said...

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my kitchen. I wanted to wish you and the Herbal Husband a Very Happy Thanksgiving to you both. Looking forward to dining out this year for us.

Carla

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks ladies for your holiday wishes. I'm very thankful for each of you! xxoo Nancy

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Well dang it, why didn't we go there when we were in the area??? Next time dear Nancy, Fallingwater AND the Gantz Farm. Looks lovely.

Sending love to you and Jose,

Sharon

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hope there is another opportunity to see you both! xxoo Nancy (& The Herbal Husband)

Comfrey Cottages said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the Herbal Hubby!!! That garden looks great :) I hope to get back in blog land a bit more now that things have settled down. Been a crazy year!! xoxoxoxo

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I know, Leslie, those cats that make me sneeze are calling! You're doing a great job. xxoo Nancy