Wednesday, November 7, 2012

25 Years Ago Today!

Well, kids, a fast post to tell you that The Herbal Husband and I got married 25 years ago today!  I have been slacking in the post department recently.  Got a date for the movies and dinner.  Here is a favorite photo from our wedding.

I have a bit more time while The Herbal Husband gets ready to go.  So a couple of you commented on my dress.  A friend's mother was a seamstress of wedding gowns at a local bridal salon.  She made my dress.  I had no idea what I wanted.  She just knew when she took my measurements what I needed.  I remember the first time I tried it on I felt like a princess.  I was an older first time bride (35) so nothing too revealing, etc.  It was perfect.

Some one else asked how we met.  Well, on Thanksgiving 29 years ago is when we met.  My mother was always in the hospital for the holidays, not every holiday, but it seemed like it at the time.  Mutual friends invited me and then invited The Herbal Husband and his brother to dinner.  The Herbal Husband and I started to talk.  He went to Europe for a month and after he got back I called him and we went out.  We dated for four years before we got married.  Our mothers were born on the same day and very much alike and I knew it was meant to be.  I did get to meet my father in law when we went to Peru for a visit the next year.  He lived to be almost 100 (two weeks shy)!  So I will probably not out live The Herbal Husband!  So thanks for all of your good wishes.  The Herbal Husband was pleased to see so many comments.  The Herbal Husband made guacamole for lunch.  I know, I am a lucky girl.  I'll have photos of dinner later.  Talk to you then.

OK, a couple of last additions to this post.  Here is lunch made by The Herbal Husband.  He really is a keeper because he cleans up after himself!
A bit of Guacamole for Lunch
A Starter of Belgium Frites with Basil Mayo
The Herbal Husband Had Chicken Milanese
I Had the Crab Cakes and Greens
We Got a Free Apple Walnut Crostada for Our Anniversary!
With His Permission, The Herbal Husband and Me After 25 Years!
We went to the Point Brugge Cafe in the Point Breeze neighborhood of Pittsburgh.  The Herbal Husband had a hankering for Chicken Milanese and they had it on the menu.  Crab cakes are always a good choice for me.  It was packed at 6 PM when we arrived.  Always a good sign.  The frites were delicious.  Just like we had in Belgium!   And who doesn't like a free dessert.  I'm sure we will go there again after a movie in the city.  The movie we went to see was called Nobody Walks.  The cast was good.  The story a bit confused and not complete enough.  Maybe that's how it was supposed to be.  We had a great 25th wedding anniversary.

P.S. Please click over to my new post of Mother Earth Living and check out my post of lovage and sage for Thanksgiving.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! You look so pretty in your wedding dress! Have a great anniversery!
~Dorothy~

Carol said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSY!!! Love the picture!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and congratulations to both of you. Have a wonderful day.

MandaBurms FarmStay for Cats. said...

Congratulations!
Love Leanne

Rosemary said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful bride, handsome groom! Love the dress. Have you ever told us how you met?

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like y'all were meant to be.

Rosa-Munda said...

Happy Silver Anniversary.
Great photo! Ros x

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Happy 25th wedding anniversary. You were a beautiful bride, he a handsome groom. It looks like a fairytale wedding.

FlowerLady

Rosemary said...

Thanks for sharing some more of the love story!

Barbara said...

Belated best wishes on your 25th! I'm just catching up on my blog reading! Looking forward to your take on lovage and tansy!