Sunday, July 26, 2009

Library Garden Tour!

Well, The Herbal Husband and I thoroughly enjoyed opening up the garden to the public! Here is the front garden before everyone arrived. Then the rain came! It poured buckets before they came and even after the tour started it was raining. Fortunately, gardeners are hardy folk and took things in stride. The sun finally did make an appearance. The Herbal Husband had all of his tomatoes with name tags at the top of the stakes so that people could read them and he could remember their names also!



































But I think the herb garden really looked beautiful! I'm a little biased! I worked very hard this season even if some of the plants didn't live up to expectations! I think my favorite part of the herb garden are my containers this year particularly on this stepladder of my mom's. Everyone who came up from the back garden mentioned how much they loved my fairy trough. I need to do a couple more next year! Don't tell the Herbal Husband! Hope the library made lots of bucks! Support your local library wherever you may be! They always can use a helping hand! Happy Birthday Mar!




2 comments:

Comfrey Cottages said...

oh i am so glad it stopped raining at some point during your tour! how wonderful of you both to host the tour! everyhting looks gorgeous! i know it took a lot of time and effort, but the results are brilliant hon!!! now you can just sit back and enjoy the gardens. oh... besides keeping up with the weeding and harvesting!lol thanks for sharing nancy!!! big herbal hugs to you both!!!:)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Leslie! I'm really tired, but everyone's positive comments were really nice. The library made twice as much money as they thought! A big herbal hug to you as well!