Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dried is Even Pretty!


This picture is not the greatest, but Monarda didyma or bee balm is an edible flower that also makes a beautiful dried flower.  It is very delicate, but I just love the twists and turns of the petals.  I need to make a note to self to dry more next year!  Probably will have a senior moment!  So remind me please!  Wet here in the garden and going to be cold this evening.  Need to cut some rose geranium and pineapple sage leaves for jelly and cut what basil is left for vinegar or pesto.  Hope we get a dry moment to do it!  Talk to you later!

2 comments:

Jules@MoonCatFarms said...

I think that is really wild how it dries all curly. I thought you were holding a little sea creature at first glance!

Jelly sounds yummy. I'm going to try my hand at some pepper jelly this weekend - should be interesting.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I was surprised myself. It got buried on my work table. As usual, I was inspired over the weekend to cleanup or at least see what was there and I found it. I have a good hot pepper jelly recipe. I'll share it with you all when I get a chance. Thanks for stopping by Jules!