Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Have Just Barely Sat Down!


Well, I can't think about seeds yet. Although I got a call from my best friend's daughter last night and her science project is about botany!  She wants to grow herbs from seeds!  So I got busy and made a short list and we will have to have a meeting and pick out seeds.  The project is due in April.  Thank God!  She sometimes calls and needs an idea by the end of the week!  Whew!   So getting a seed catalog is the appropriate subject for today's post.  Even though we are just finishing this year's garden.  Next year's awaits!  Pinetree Garden Seeds catalog has gotten better over the years with color and more selection.  Maybe some of you think they are more mainstream and not as different as they once may have been.  They do have very inexpensive seeds and high quality ones as well.  Do you have a favorite seed catalog?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting you asked! I was doing some research for more herbal classes and product... Favorite from back in the late 1980's and they are still open today. Nichols Garden Nursery. http://www.nicholsgardennursery.com/store/index.php

Seeds, garden products, beer making ingredients, herbal oil and potpourri ingredients.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I just bought more tea bags from them. They are an excellent source. One year The Herbal Husband planted all 45 seeds of a tomato variety and they grew! The variety was 'Siletz'. I was canning my eyeballs out! Never a dull moment! Thanks for stopping by, Cindy!