Friday, May 6, 2011

Getting Closer to the Big Day!

Last September I was lucky enough to go to Open Garden Days at Jekka's Herb Farm in Bristol, England and meet these two lovely ladies.  On the left is Jekka's daughter, Hannah and, of course, Jekka.  We are getting closer to when Jekka will be visiting Pittsburgh and speaking to the Herb Society of America on June 24.  I just received Jekka's latest newsletter and I spotted her new blog.  Well, when I visited last year, she mentioned me in her September blog.  It took me until now to spot it!  Her new blog talks about chives and that's what my upcoming guest blog for The Herb Companion will be about next week.   GMTA, herbally speaking!  Stay tuned.  Got to get outside and walk before it rains again.  Horseradish jelly didn't gel like last time!  Going to experiment when I come back with a solution.  Keep your fingers crossed it works!  Talk to you later.

4 comments:

PeggyR said...

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hope it is, Peggy! Thanks for stopping by!

Pat said...

It is always so neat to reconnect with those you meet from far away - and when you share a mutual interest the bond will always be there.
Have a lovely Mother's Day weekend.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Yeah, TO, it is pretty cool. You have a lovely Mom's Day as well.