Tuesday, December 20, 2011

One More Post About The 2011 Herb of the Year-Horseradish!

These were the products from our day of celebrating Horseradish at The Village Herb Shop in Chagrin Falls this spring.  I did have a sheet (two sided) from a friend who was a very good cook and involved in a local herb club who talked about horseradish.  Of course, even though I was a legal secretary and extremely organized in my distant past, I can't seem to find that double sided sheet of paper about horseradish recipes!  Before I lost the sheet though, I did nip one recipe for a quick and easy dip that you can take to any holiday get together.  Thanks to Lee Price!

Horseradish Dip

8 oz. package cream cheese (light is OK)
1/2 cup sour cream (light is acceptable)
1/4 cup horseradish
3 T. minced parsley
4 t. lemon juice
1 T. grated onion
Pinch of salt (optional)

Blend all ingredients thoroughly.  Chill before serving with veggies or crackers.

If I find the other recipes, I will pass them along!  Here is a link to an excellent article from my favorite herb magazine, The Herb Companion by Susan Belsinger called 2011 Herb of the Year:  Horseradish (Amoracia rusticana).  There are a lot of great recipes in it and growing tips as well.  So as we say goodbye to horseradish, we look forward to talking about (a little more than horseradish) the 2012 Herb of the Year, Rose!  It is just down right warm here.  Ridiculous!  Winter comes tomorrow and we may be up to 60 degrees again!  Hope you aren't buried in snow yet!  Talk to you later.

5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

This recipe looks great.

I'll be looking forward to reading about the herb of 2012, the Rose. :-)

FlowerLady

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks FlowerLady!

Sharon said...

I love horseradish! Thank for sharing this recipe and the for card, Nancy! Have a great holiday!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Glad you enjoy it! You have a great holiday as well.

Glutathione said...

thanks, we will try this recipe of yours.

Diabetes | Brazilian Waxing