Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Herbal Husband's Guacamole Recipe!

Get out the scoops and dig in!  Oh, sorry.  You need to make it first!   I'm here to share The Herbal Husband's Guacamole recipe.  Now he says please make it your own if there is something that he has left out.

The Herbal Husband's Guacamole
Feeds 2 Hungry Gardeners at Lunch or 4 Normal People as an Appetizer.


2 ripe avocados, mashed
2 small tomatoes or 1 medium tomato, diced
A couple of sprigs of parsley, chopped
A bit (1 sprig)  of cilantro, chopped
A bunch (4 or 5) of green tops from scallions, chopped
Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Mash avocados with big fork, add salt and pepper to taste and one teaspoon of olive oil (maybe less).  Mix it, taste it and then add the scallion tops (and if you want more onion flavor, add the bottoms).  Then add the chopped parsley and cilantro (and again, add more of each if you like it).  I do like cooked cilantro better than raw so he doesn't put in as much as he could if I weren't around!  Mix together and add the tomatoes at the end.

The Herbal Husband has added a squeeze or two of lemon or lime juice, but I think it is very good just the way it is.  I like it better without the lemon or lime juice.  You may like it better with.  So hope you enjoy it.

We really have the stickies and ickies.  We got a couple of sunflower beds planted and I finally got seeds from last year's gift from Miss C planted.  I'll get photos of both beds so you can see the seedlings (hopefully) popping UP!  Hope you are having a great day.  Hope to add to The Herbal Husband's Recipes category from previous posts.  I did find a recipe for Causa and Lomo Saltado which are two of my favorite dishes from Peru so I added it to Herbal Husband Recipes.  I found a quick lunch idea of chicken salad in an avocado half as well.  We may have a cookbook before he is done!  Talk to you later.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious, and I suddenly feel very hungry!

Anonymous said...

Yum!
http://www.herbkits.com

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I love avocado any way you serve it up. When I make guac, I usually add a bit of cumin. Simple diced avocado with a dash of salt is still my favorite way to enjoy. Have a great day! Tammy

PeggyR said...

Oh this sounds yummy!

janice15 said...

This looks great would love to have some at the moment...but don't have the stuff...Lemon Verbena, I just bought me one this year and put into a pot it has grown quite a lot...I don't know much about it though can you tell me what you use it for..the nursery didn't have much to say just use it in cooking...I wanted a like what...hope you can help..Would be great if you can come by and visit me @ spoonwither.blogspot.com...with love Janice

Carla said...

If I weren't inundated with squash right now I would head to my neighbors avocado tree and pick some to make this dip. I do love guacamole.

By the way, I love your new blog photo. It really shows all the herbs you have. Talk to you later!

Sharon said...

I love avocados, so bring on the recipes! Can't wait to try this one.

My favorite summer sandwich is:
cream cheese, bacon and avocado!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks ladies for all of your comments. I will visit your links when I get an extra minute! xxoo Nancy P.S. Bacon with anything is a good thing, Sharon!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thanks for posting this, and tell Herbal Husband thank you for sharing.

I look forward to those other Peruvian recipes you mentioned also.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Will do, FlowerLady. Hopefully, I will get him to share other recipes that are in his head. Is it already the weekend?!