Friday, August 24, 2012

Guest Blogging for The Herb Companion Magazine!

Talking about my favorite herb this time for The Herb Companion, lemon verbena.  My post is called The Herbal Harvest:  3 Lemon Verbena Recipes.  If you like it, please click the like symbol at the top of the post.  I hope you enjoy it and I was totally surprised to find that lemon verbena leaves can be frozen.  I had it in the dim recesses of my memory that the leaves didn't freeze well.  That must have been some other herb.  As you will see in the post, they froze just fine.  Long term, unsure, but I will be making a lemon verbena bread throughout the fall and winter and will let you know if they worked.  I just don't like to use dried lemon verbena in a recipe.  It is just not the same.  Well, it is a beautiful day out there and I have a lot of trimming and weeding to do.  Sooo got to go.  Talk to you later.  I'll leave you with a photo of my English muffin spread with the Lemony Strawberry Butter from the post.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

The cookies sound yummy! Thanks for sharing. Next week I'm sharing one of my lemon verbena recipes!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I will stay tuned, Barbara. Thanks for stopping by. xxoo Nancy