Friday, June 6, 2014

The Herbal Cape!

Lady's Mantle in Bloom!
The Leaves Hold the Water in Them After A Rain!
I have a lot of favorite herbs just not lemon verbena!  Lady's Mantle (Alchemilla mollis) reminds me of England in a big way.  I remember going to private and public gardens alike and finding this wonderful border herb in exuberant ways.  I do have a book that talks about (Alchemilla vulgaris) flowers being edible and sweet with nectar.  I just tried mine outside and they aren't very tasty.  So if you have the vulgaris type, go ahead and enjoy the flowers in salads.  Well, it is going to be another beautiful day in the garden and we are going to the movies!  Don't know what we are seeing, but I'll let you know in my next post.  Have a great day!  Talk to you later.    

No comments: