- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennials
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Links to Timber Press Book Reviews
- Info About My Handout for The Zen of Making Herbal Jelly!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
We Can Grow Plants Anywhere!
This mullein decided to grow right by our back door. It was in full bloom when I took this picture. It is a member of the Verbascum family, Verbascum thapsus. I'm giving you a link to an article in the latest Herb Companion magazine. I will admit that I am herbally deficient in medicinal herbs and so I will be learning along with you. I did read that the plant hairs may be irritating to some people, including me. So as always, be careful when using an unfamiliar herb! It is a favorite in our garden and I will let you know what else I learn about mullein in future postings!