Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Adventures of Lemon Verbena Lady and The Herbal Husband!

I have been waiting patiently for almost two years for these signs to appear again.  Nearly two years ago, I spotted AntiquiTea across the street from the local hardware store.  It was a quaint house and it had a big sign on the lawn stating their last day (the next day) was April 15th because they were moving!  Jump forward to last week, February 9th to be exact and AntiquiTea reopened in their new location.

I told The Herbal Husband he was taking me for a post Valentine's Day afternoon tea!  He was definitely on board.  He loves afternoon tea.
 
We had a cozy table for two.  The tearoom is very English in style.  Nicole and her mother, Patty have done a first class job in the decorating.  Well, I'm sure you want to know about the food and tea.  AntiquiTea has a long list of loose tea brewed in individual pots.  The Herbal Husband went with his favorite, Earl Gary and I had the French vanilla.  Delish!

Now for the food.  We started with Cream of Artichoke soup.  Beautifully presented in a tea cup and very tasty. 

Next came the tea sandwiches, tea breads, scone and pastries.  Here is our tea stand.

















There were four different tea sandwiches, including Pimento Cheese, Cucumber Mint, Chicken Salad on croissant and a spinach cheese square or tart.  I was enjoying every bite and I forgot to take some closeups of the rest of our tea stand!  Oh well, next time!  We had a butter cream scone with clotted cream and lemon curd and a lemon poppy seed tea bread.  We finished with a fruit garnish and a pistachio cookie, orange mousse pastry and a chocolate truffle.  It was beautifully presented and very delicious!


We don't have Bernideen's or Sweet Remembrances, but we do have AntiquiTea and we are thrilled!  Both The Herbal Husband and I are looking forward to going back.  It should be noted that they do serve lunches and have a party room that accommodates 50 people.  They are having a Victorian fashion show tea this Sunday.  Please call if you are at all interested, maybe they still have room!  So they are having special events already.  They do have a website, however, it needs to be updated.  At the moment, you can reach them through this Tea Map link.  AntiquiTea is located in beautiful downtown West View and if you are in the Pittsburgh north hills vicinity, you need to give them a try.  It was a very delightful afternoon.

7 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

...very nice ,Nancy....

i love tea too..this place looks wonderful....and I'd like to try that soup...

i found some heirloom sweet pea seeds in a catalog...but thanks so much for offering to help me out...you're a dear....

more later, my friend
kary
xxx

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

This looks absolutely wonderful! What a delight for you and your DH.

FlowerLady

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks for stopping by you two! It was very delicious and very close which is very exciting. I'll have to go for special occasions, but I do love my afternoon tea!s

Make It So said...

Thank you so much for stopping in and for the lovely review!

~Nicole~

Jules@MoonCatFarms said...

Well, we'll just have to double-date for our afternoon tea sometime.

Mr. MoonCat very willingly takes me out for brunch and tea sometimes as well. What a lovely way to spend an afternoon. (I'd have to side with the Herbal Hubby on the Earl Grey though - yum)

My word verification is "sipinica". Made me think "sippin in California". Maybe it means you will be coming to sip tea with us??

Rosemary said...

Sounds like my kind of place!
Nancy

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

You are very welcome Nicole. You and your mom have done a lovely job. Hope to meet you soon.

Wow, I guess your word verification is a sign that some day we will get to have tea together. Never know when we will stop by!

Nancy, your ears must have been burning because we were talking about how wonderful your teas are! Patty (one of the owners) wants to come have tea at your place. It is so nice to have a lovely tea room in our vicinity. Although The Herbal Husband and I will always be happy to have tea with you! Thank you all for your comments!