- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennials
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Links to Timber Press Book Reviews
- Info About My Handout for The Zen of Making Herbal Jelly!
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Comfort Food on Valentine's Day!
Corn Crisped Chicken
1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs
1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
3 pounds broiler chicken pieces, rinsed and dried
1/2 cup evaporated fat free milk
1 tablespoon margarine, melted
1. Combine Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs and seasoned salt. Dip chicken pieces in evaporated milk and coat with corn flake crumb mixture. Place in single layer, skin side up, in shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with margarine.
2. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour or until chicken is tender, no longer pink and juices run clear. Do not cover pan or turn chicken while baking.
Yield: 8 servings
Here are my corrections. Instead of seasoned salt, I used 2 teaspoons of Roastmary available through The Rosemary House. I also used boneless, skinless chicken breast without antibiotics. The Herbal Husband thought it was the best chicken. He loves it!
I remember when we were dating, I had just finished taking a microwave cooking class. I made him rare roast beef in the microwave. I thought it was very good. I found out later he liked his meat well done! Now 22 years later, I don't even eat my roast beef rare anymore!
Well, we had to finish our Valentine's Day meal with a little red jello with whipped topping. There is always room for Jello! Happy Valentine's Day!